My husband and I joked today that I have been searching for new hall lights for the past 3 years. I just can’t find the *perfect* light. I know I want the light to be open on the bottom because closed lights are hard to clean and little buggies get in them and die. There are plenty of options of open-bottomed lights, but I also don’t want to have to use decorative bulbs, like Edison bulbs. They need to be flush-mount and cast plenty of light. And, because I need to buy 2, they need to be reasonably priced. Right now, we have white round lights. Now that I think about it, we’ve never changed the lightbulbs in them in 6 years, so I don’t even know what lightbulbs they take. Maybe I don’t want to replace them… kidding. They’ve got to go.
Here are some styles that I’m currently looking at:
- This light has been on my list the entire time. Should I just pull the trigger?
- Love this option, matches my Chapman lamps.
- This looks like it’d give off a ton of light even with only one bulb.
- Not the exact light, but I think I like this one better. BUT $$$.
- Not a huge fan of the price. Probably my most expensive option, but I like it so much!
- Yet another variation on 1 and 4.
And some styles I like but don’t meet my want list:
- I love this light so much I may change my “want” list…
- I’m pretty obsessed with caning right now, but it has a closed bottom.
- I’m a sucker for stained glass flush mounts but I think I need more light in the hall.
- You think I have a type I’m looking for…?
I’ve linked everything in case you see something you like. I don’t get a commission or anything, this is just me trying to figure out what lights to buy.
Hopefully, it won’t take me another 3 years to figure out what light to get. I’m really leaning toward option 1, but may paint it depending on how dark the metal is. Maybe make it more of a brown bronzy color. We will see.